Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tomato Salad


Here's a dish we've been eating all summer long.

In packing my stuff in early summer I came across a page I had ripped out of a Foodnetwork magazine.  It had three simple side dishes on it, this Tomato Salad being one of them.



Oh man, am I glad I didn't throw this away!  This has to be the easiest and tastiest side dish you can make.  It uses fresh ingredients that shine during the summer months with ripe cherry tomatoes and basil.  But wait!  you can pick up cherry tomatoes almost anytime of the year so you can make this wonderful dish now...or next month...woohoo!

Once you taste this you'll know why I'm head over heels in love with this dish.  Fresh basil, check!  A wonderful dressing with sweet balsamic, double check!  Simple, easy, fresh, and tasty...that's the motto here.



Makes me wonder what other treasures I have laying around the house!

So don't delay, go get some cherry tomatoes, and give this a try...it will knock your socks off.

Tomato Salad

adapted from FoodNetwork magazine
serves 4 

Cut 1 pound mixed yellow and red cherry tomatoes into halves or quarters if large; season with salt and pepper.  Cook 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and 2 teaspoons brown sugar in a small skillet over medium heat until reduced by half, about 3 minutes; remove from the heat and whisk in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Drizzle over the tomatoes; top with snipped chives and basil.


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...