Monday, January 11, 2016

Sunset Punch


It's cocktail time!

One of my favorite cocktails is a Madras.  The combination of cranberry and orange juice with vodka makes a wonderful fruity drink.  Sipping this makes me feel like I'm on a tropical island with my toes in the sand and a breeze in my hair. Heaven!

So we were hosting a holiday dinner with some friends last month and I decided to make a variation of this drink.  I combined 3 fruit juices, and to make this an adult punch we topped it with some Prosecco.  

This was the perfect cocktail.  Of course I would also say that this would be the perfect blend of fruit juices to sip on a hot day without the alcohol as well!  And to make it kid friendly for a party or holiday mocktail, you can top it with sparkling apple cider, or a little sparkling water.




Just look at this color.  It looks like a sunset.
It tastes like a dream.  Dreaming of a vacation on a tropical island!

Enjoy!




Sunset Punch

1 pitcher

2 cups of orange juice
2 cups of cranberry juice
2 6oz cans of pineapple juice
1 bottle of Prosecco (substitute sparkling apple cider or sparkling water)

Add the juices to a pitcher, stir to combine.  Serve over ice filling the glass 2/3 full. Top with Prosecco.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...